Continue to LawRato.com with Google


How can I take divorce if I have not completed one year of marriage

I want to take divorce from my husband as we marry on 28th October 2017 and stayed together only for ten days as he is living in abroad nd after 20days of marriage my in laws started torture on me they tortured me mentally and now from the last 45 days i am living at my parents house and ne is not calling me and he changed his phone number so i want to know about the procedure how can i file case against him

Answers (3)

First you file a petition U/S 9 of HMA, that want to reside with your husband, he will not come to contest, simontanouly file a petition of maintenance, these two cases will help you a lot in getting divorce.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

The petition for divorce can only be file after one year of marriage and before that petition for divorce is not maintainable, however this period can be waived by court on application filed for the same, however there are very low chances that this application will be allowed.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

This is very unfortunate situation in which you have been put due to unwanted behaviour of your in laws. Now over all our society is not good regarding this. But you have follow the procedure for filing the divorce petition which can't be filed within one year of marriage and in case you can extra hardship then you can file petition alongwith application under section 14 of the Hindu Marriage act for permission to file the petition for divorce. Second course is to file a divorce petition by mutual consent in that event still the same can be filed after one year of separation then for condoning the period of six months you have to file applications for the ame

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 19999
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 999
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 25000
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

I am being harassed by my wife, she has filed false 376 case on me. Magistrate court took her statement and send the matter for investigation to polic…

Read More

I want to legally separated. My husband mentally tortures me by doubting my character and talking bad about it. V got married on September 8 2012. But…

Read More

I am Hindu. I lived with my family before marriage and rented another house in same city after marriage. We do not connect and she does things that to…

Read More

Hi, I married in feb 2016. My husband working in dubai. Before marriage he promised me to taking to dubai with him.He broke the promise and when i que…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue