Harassment from wife for making a false dowry what is my legal remedy?

My wife wants me to leave alone my widowed mother and my brother and set up a nuclear family. Since I resisted this move, My wife and her family threatning me to file a false case 498A as a bargaining device, again me and my family Even if i have not taken any dowry or demand any dowry. Just because my wife is not able to adjust to my home, To have more Freedom, To control my aged mother, When I find out her infedelity. or Blackmail me incase i divorce her, for her mistakes Please suggest me, how can i save myself any my family against such tortures of my wife and her family

Answers (2)

148 votes

Dear sir
The best way to tackle this issue is to file a complaint with the police. You should point out the various actions of your wife and her relatives. You should take the initiative to protect yourself rather than wait for your wife to initiate proceedings.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

281 votes

First of all you file a written complaint before the local police station against your wife and intimate that your wife is compell to leave house and dependent on you. Furthermore also intimate for making a false caase of dowary against you.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles