Grounds to challenge contested divorce

My husband throw me out from his home and file divorce on cruelty base. I filed fir on him and and on inlaws...But I don't want divorce...shall I get matrimonial home and maintenance Bec I m working but my full salary goes in home loan which I bought before marriage on my name. And if I don't want divorce than can i stop Divorce?

Answers (3)

Yes you can stop divorce. If wife is not ready court cannot force divorce unless there is no valid reason like adultery. U are also liable for maintance if you valid documents. Please contact me for further help

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You can get maintenance if your income is very less compared to your husband's income. You can contest the divorce with expert help. That in divorce matters all details are needed. Advise on incomplete facts can be very harmful. If the divorce is filed after your FIR you claim it to be a counterblast.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Madam you can file application under section 125 of crpc for maintance and you need to illuminate your situation before the magistrate and he will definitely consider if he find any merit in such.
Further if your husband want to contest divorce, he need to give reasons grounds which laid in section 13 of Hindu Marriage Act (if you are Hindu then only applicable) regarding the same, if he wont able to do so then court will consider on its merits.
Court definitely consider your plot of defense too.
If you have any query feel free to ask

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

I had an arranged marriage and it's 5 years now. There was always fights and acts of cruelty by my husband like abusing me mentally and physically…

Read More

i am Hindu,In my mcd.execution( 5 year old) case 3arrest warrant were issued,but not served for the consent term of fees of child. After 2 dates( thes…

Read More

I am getting divorced by mutual consent but my husband is not willing to give me maintenance. He says if u want u can contest for divorce. After divor…

Read More

My husband cheated on me several times , registering on matrimony profile and contacting girls as if he is not married. When i found out his wrong doi…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue