Got maintenance orders but husband is not paying amount what to do

Judge gave orders to husband to pay me maintenance but husband is not paying any maintenance to me since then, advocate is asking me to pay more money. What is the solution how can I get maintenance amount from my husband

Answers (3)

321 votes

Just file a execution petiion in the same court to recover your amount but before filling you should ensure that he has not filed any revision or appeal and court has not passed any order in his favour.
Thanks and regards

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

193 votes

the husband is willfully disobeying the order of the court. the remedy available to you is to file petition under contempt of courts act which will ensure that he starts paying up in terms of the order

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
129 votes

since your husband is not obeying the court order it amounts to contempt of court.
It's suggested that you file a contempt application before the same court he will be compelled to give you maintenance.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles