Going to abroad when divorce case and other litigation pending

I am working in MNC company and do want to go to abroad due to new role confirmed there for long term .So how can I handle my personal life divorce case in India from abroad.Please do suggest me.

Answers (2)

133 votes


Appoint a power of attorney who can appear on your behalf in the court during the divorce proceedings. The power of attorney will appear along with your counsel in the court and represent you. He may be conferred with the power to submit any affidavits, applications and petitions required by the court on your behalf. However, you may need to be present in the court in person during your cross examination done by the opposite party's counsel.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

90 votes

There is no restriction in you travelling abroad when your divorce and other related cases pending. However you need to be available in person to render evidence before the court. So depending on where your divorce case is pending, you can make a request to the court to permit you to depose using video conference from nearest Indian embassy overseas

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles