×

quesgirl wants to go to her boyfriend's house

Dear Sir

Can a girl go to her boyfriend's house for a courtsey visit after filing a divorce case ?

pl reply us.

Regards

• ans The question is too ambiguous. I would require more details with regards to your pending divorce case to effectively help you.
      The word "boyfriend " does not exist in legal parlance . However law recognises husband and live-in partners. However an adult female can go to any adult male house for a courtesy call irrespective of any pending cases unless specifically barred by law or administration

Advocate Rupam Jyoti Das

Guwahati Club, Guwahati

• ansHello,
      Could you kindly tell me if the divorce is mutual or is the husband contesting the divorce? How long has it been since the filing of the divorce?

If the divorce is a mutual one with no accusations for having any other relationship? What is the reason stated for the divorce?

Regards
      Ms Fauzia Khan, Advocate

Advocate Fauzia Khan

Chaigali, Guwahati