Getting alimony after mutual divorce

I am a mutual divorced person. My ex husband and I were working and financially stable when I got divorced,so I didn't asked for any type of alimony. But after divorce few years later my ex husband got remarried. At this time can I file against him for demanding alimony when I am still single and job less?

Answers (2)

This is my response to you:
1. You can claim for maintenance;
2. But if you agreed in consent terms that you will not claim in future then that document is evidence against you;
3. Yet you can still file for maintenance;
4. The divorce decree can be changed at any time;
5. Give many adequate reasons for not asking for maintenance then;
6. Consult a local lawyer and take steps.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear queriest, as you have mentioned in your query that you have been mutually separated by the decree of the Honorable court, then there must consent terms filed with the petition wherein you must have accepted the fact of not claiming anything once you have got legally separated, therefore it no ways that you can claim to him for alimony even though you are jobless.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Sir/Madam i file a appeal for divorce case in High court. my advocate has taken all the necessary document and told me that notice has sent to my wife…

Read More

Respected sir/madam. A Divorce summon sent to USA/New York through Hague service convention to ABC Legal services as per the guideline of Department o…

Read More

I am a hindu person and my marriage took place on May 2017. After one n half month i came to know that my wife has diabetes (type 1 sugar) and she'…

Read More

We have separated on mutual consent . We have written letter on which we have written that we are getting separate on mutual consent and will not file…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue