Filed mutual divorce husband withdrew consent on second motion

I hv filed divorce on mental cruelty, before that we had filed mutual consent divorce petition but he withdrawn his consent at 2nd motion in order to mentaly harrase me. Are al my rights ended after filing mutual divorce petition? I hv nt file ny case against him. Can now I file dowry, dv etc cases. Sometime ago he has got arrested in 376 D case. Now he is in custody & faces d trial. Can his complaint be a ground of mental cruelty for me?

Answers (3)

283 votes

Yes. If your husband is arrested under 376D IPC. You have a valid ground to annul the marriage. You can also file a DV and dowry case but dates are very important in these issues. Divorce will be decreed in your favour if you follow the instructions of me or any lawyer who is dealing in proper litigation. Don't worry. You are entitled for justice. Revert me. All the best.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

118 votes

His withdrawal has not effected your rights of maintaininence. Mutual consent was only a way to sort out both of your issues by mutual agreement. If he doesn't agree then let him face the music. You have not been effected anyway. So be calm, and go further with your complaint. God bless you dear

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
134 votes

You can file a Petition for Divorce under cruelty even now. The facts stated by you are not clear. But you have all remedies under the law. It is not like that after he withdrew from the mutual consent you have no remedies.So consult a lawyer soon and discuss the case in brief.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles