Filed divorce case RCR pending in court can court upheld RCR petition

Hello, I am a 32 year old female.My case is simple. I had applied for divorce on basis of cruelty in Oct 2013. The other party has applied for RCR in response to the Divorce petition i have applied. Say, if RCR is agreed upon in court then. 1. Can court force me to go and stay with the Man as i have no inclination to do so in this lifetime. 2. When can i apply divorce again. 3. Can he come home with police demanding me to go with him? If so, What steps can i take to stop this. There is a Domestic Violence case appeal pending in High court as well.

Answers (2)

200 votes

Restitution of Conjugal rights ( RCR ) is a matrimonial remedy which is the last resort to establish amicable relations between couples. The court will allow RCR only when satisfied about the truth that you have withdrawn from the society of the other without reasonable excuse...In the above case as far as little I have gathered from your words you don't have to be apprehensive about having to forcibly live with the person if you have legally ethical reasons to prove beyond doubt..

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

92 votes

Make Application to the court to club the both the cases [Divorce & RCR] to lead the common evidence by the parties.
You can apply for Divorce again.
The Police cannot intervene in the matter.
Domestic Violence case before High Court preferred by you or your Spouse, you are not divulged.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles