×

quesFed up of married life want divorce. What can i do?

I've been fed up of my life married life my husband doesn't treat me well ..doesn't take me out for dinners or parties I have doubts that he has an extramarital affair .. He even is a very heavy drinker ..I don't wish to live with him and want to file for divorce. On what grounds can I do that and what will be my legal rights in this case. ??

You can File a divorce petition against your husband for cruelty, desertion  and cohabitation.

Only these remedy available to you to file a divorce case.

Otherwise you can file Domestic Violence compliant for maintenance, shelter and other remedies available under Domestic Violence Act.

• ansRespected Madam,
      Generally I suggest to all of my clients to try to continue there relationship. As there is no guarantee about the next one. But its your life and you are the best judge to decide it as you wish to continue it or not. I do agree that in new marriages wife's have some dreams and expectations from the husbands and some time due to some official work or due to their bachelor life time life style they failed to perform their duties as husband as per the expectations of their wives. In my personal experience some guys are not able to change themselves so being the better-half/partner/a good friend its my humble request that please try to understand the reason of this type of behaviour pattern of your husband and try to improve his attitude with your love. But if you already tried all this than approach a lawyer to file an appropriate suit to get divorce and about your rights you have to answer some questions like : your date of marriage, your status: employed/housewife, no.of issues etc.
      Than only i will suggest you the right path.

thanks
      Mohan S.

Advocate Mohan S

Janakpuri, Delhi

• ansYou can File a divorce petition against your husband for cruelty, desertion and cohabitation. only these remedy available to you to file a divorce case. Otherwise you can file DV compliant for maintenance, shelter and other remedies available under DV Act.

Advocate Akhil Verma

Delhi High Court, Delhi