False information given at time of marriage. Is nullification possible

One boy married to my sister by giving some wrong information like these papers are for VISA. My sister come to know about this after 1 month of marriage date. This thing happened on 11th August. She is 29 years old. Is nullification of marriage is possible? What if boy does not agree for Nulification? Should we do a complaint about this in Police Station? How much time this procedure will take?

Answers (3)

282 votes

Annulment cannot be granted on these grounds.
As far as divorce is concerned, you have a right to seek divorce, file a proper application in the Court and contest the case.
You can approach the polyand also get a criminal case instituted, this may add some pressure on them to settle the matter.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

112 votes

Null and void option is available only for physical deformity which means that the partner is not able to consummate or possesses that kind of deformity which will not allow him/her to consummate.. You can go for divorce if not satisifed with marriage..you can lodge an FIR if your sister is being physically and mentally harassed..and after that FIR file a suit for maintenance. That will give you an upper hand for negotiating for alimony

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
291 votes

Yes Nullification of marrige is possible but there are pre set conditions and reasons. Kindly write in detail the reasons behind asking for Nullification so that the correct to the point anwers can be given.....

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles