×

quesExecution of Foreign exparte divorce decree

My husband has sent notice from sydney Australia and got divorce decree on 4 August 2015. How can I get it executed in India. A divorce petition along with DV is pending in local court here but he or his family isn't accepting summons. Please advice.

• answith due respect. your question is a bit ambiguous. further if u are talking about getting a decree executed in india then there is a procedure for that and the same has been explained in the CPC (procedure code of civil litigation). it can be executed through the court of law and is a valid decree. further i would suggest you to meet a lawyer face to face and then only you can understand the modalities involved in a better and convenient way.

Advocate Gurmeet Singh

Green Mark Main, Delhi

• ansThere are different opinion s our high court says it is not valid divorce and as far as the service of summons is concerned they could be served in australia through the high commissioner of india if the persons are of indian origin

Advocate Rajan Bhatia

District Court, Tis Hazari, Delhi

• ansPlease provide the following details - religion to which both of you belong, whether you have certified copy of divorce, the details of your divorce petition. The decree will have to be examined for its validity as per provisions of Indian law. The decree may be enforced by Indian court. What is this DV?

Advocate Rakesh Chaurasia

Greater Kailash- I, Delhi