Divorce in case husband and wife living apart from seven years

if husband or wife are living separately and are not proceeding any legal activities for divorce does it is treated as automatically divorce after seven years.?

Answers (1)

Dear client
No it does not amount divorce automatically. But it is a good case for divorce on the grounds of cruelty and desertion. You need to assemble all evidence against him/her for exmple mail, chats and msgs etc if any and file divirce petition before the Hon'ble court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Hii i and my husband got married as per hindu act we just have the form filled in madir n tht donation receipt.we havent stayed together after marriag…

Read More

Hii we married 4 year ago in sikh religion my husband is New Zealand citizen and I am nz permanent resident now.. last November 2016 we decided to get…

Read More

my wife has sent a notice by his lawyer for Divorce. but is still staying with me. she says that she has not sent it. the notice is been sent from tam…

Read More

Divorce Case Showing Disposed.So Do I need to Collect Decree / judgement copy Frm Court? & What is the procedure for it & charges?…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue