Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Divorce during pregnancy from irresponsible and abusive husband

I want divorce from my husband because he is not fulfilling my responsibility whether it is in terms of financial or moral.i m pregnant and residing in my mother's house after one month of my marriage after that he is abusing me in every manner.put allegation on my character and say I will not divorce you at any cost and never listen to you in any manner. Its his and family tradition to leave and make trouble of girl because my brother in law had 3wives all left him my husband has also 1marriage whose case are pending in the court. Please suggest me proper guidance for my case as my marriage took place only 5months what should i do I cant handle this mental trauma

Answers (3)

You should file for a Divorce at the earliest. Before that, you should send him a Legal Notice regarding your plight and claiming for either restitution of your marital rights or asking for a mutual consent divorce. We can certainly get you divorced and also get you maintenance amount from your husband at the earliest. Contact for further course of action.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

you need to file a domestic violence case and file FIR under section 498A IPC. in case the police do not lodge the FIR you can file a criminal complaint with the area magistrate against the police. After this you can file the divorce.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
25 years Experience

First of all i want to know are you muslim or hindu...
Your divorce matter will proceed accordingly..
secondly you can also demand from your husband maintenance of yours and also for your unborn child...
for further assistance you can meet us

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Hello, I filled divorce on Adultery ground. My wife left matrimonial home in month of April and informed me On November that she is 4th month pregnant…

Read More

wife is inthe UK and husband is in India and have been seperated for five yers h how can the husband file for divorce from India…

Read More

Since last 10 months my husband has harassing me mentally. He stopped giving any home expenses to me and my child. He left home on 22nd July, 2015 wit…

Read More

Hi, Me and my wife married last year as per Christian Marriage Act after 5 yrs of love. Post marriage she went to Hyderabad for work and i got her bac…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue