cunning wife demanding money to give relief

sir after marriage we both went to UK on study visa .all expense borned by my father. but returned . wife did not want to stay. she joined nursing. stayed in hostel and I went to china.all expenses in education again borned by me. after B.Sc she never came back home .rather started job in another city. upset over this I came back.and requested her to come back home. but in vein. In frustration at last I used mild muscular force to get her back. she complained to police of kidnapping. and now harassing for money to solve the issue and divorse. pl advise what to do

Answers (3)

318 votes

Well when you realised that your wife was not ready to join your company when you came back from China. You should have filed case for restitution of conjugal rights asking your wife to stay with you. But right now please get the Anticipatory bail from sessions court and go for the cancellation of FIR against you . The intentions of the other party are clear that they want settlement with you and divorce after taking money. So your prefrence matters. In case you still want her to join you as wife file case before court and if you have decided that your wife no more shall join you then file case seeking divorce. Rest you can also meet personally to discuss further . Thanks

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

131 votes

Hi. I don't know the actual status and whether you had filed petition for restitution of conjugal rites .. So far as the fir under shares of kidnapping is to lodged , it's prospects are very less as she is ur wife but to decrease the pressure of police you may file a blanket bail and get notice as u have apprehension of arrest and if you don't want to give divorce then immediately file petition under section 9 of HMA so that one prospect in front of police becomes clear that she herself had left your society and if possible send me the details of the complaint filed by your wife .. Regards Harsimranjit Singh

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Shashi Kant Sharma
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
336 votes

Dear client..if police has registered f.i.r against you than first you should approach to court for anticipitary bail.further you have two remedies if you want to take divorce from her you can file case for divorce on the ground of cruelty and desertion ' and if you want to get her in matrimonial house you may file case u/s 9 of hindu mariage act.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles