Crpc 128 notice after 5 years. Inspite of compromise.

In Divorce Law
Order of Maintanence was given in 2017 and 3 installment of Maintainance were given regularly but on 4rth month Wife and Husband came to compromise and started living together happily. \n\nHusband withdrawn the Divorce case(Dessertion/cruelty ground).\n\nWife stayed with husband for 1.5 years and after she again went to her parents home and denied for coming back.\n\nNow wife has deserted husband since more than 3 years and now in 2023 she has sent Notice under CRPC 128 for recovery of arears of Maintainance from year 2017.\n\nWhat can husband do in such situation? Does that order still valid and does she have right to claim this money.

Answers (1)

162 votes

Well, such Order of Maintenance has become Null and Void automatically when she reported to live with the Husband again. If she now wants to claim Maintenance, she has to file the fresh Petition either under Sec 125 of the CRPC or the DV Act or the Hindu Marriage Act to get Maintenance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
23 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
23 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles