Criminal defamation and extortion

My wife filed a case of domestic violence after hearing a woman lied to my wife that I offered her sex, can I file a defamation case against the woman who told a lie? And if I filed a complaint against the same woman and came to the police station, she again made false allegations against me, can I be charged 354,376

Answers (2)

107 votes

you can file a case of defamation against her and that will serve as a defence if she files a case of 354 against you. you cannot be charged u/s 376 and even if you are, the case won't last for long as it will look like it is false and fabricated

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

159 votes

Yes, you can be booked for false allegations and then the case will go to court, where you have to prove, that the allegations made by that woman were false and of no substance. Similarly, before your Wife too, you have to prove yourself innocent and pious.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles