Court ordered attachment of 1/3rd salary so is it Gross/ Net Salary

Family court ordered for attachment of 1/3rd portion of salary. Here, Salary means Gross or Net salary. Please clarify.

Answers (2)

Dear Sirs,

As per section 60 of cpc 1908, Explanation II. "In clauses (i) and (ia), 'salary' means the total monthly emoluments, excluding any allowance declared exempt from attachment under the provisions of clause(l), derived by a person from his employment whether on duty or on leave"



Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Yes it's your gross salary ,
I think either you did not take up your case in right way or your Advocate could not do justice with your case , because with arrears you have to lay a very heavy amount which will hit your belly very hard and more over its beginning.... Adv pankaj Kumar & associate...

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Iam muslim woman. And also a government employee it legal to take divorce in khwaji court.…

Read More

My DV case is dismissed due to non-appearance of my wife. She has filed the restoration of DV case in Session court. My lawyer is saying DV restoratio…

Read More

Hi, I am 37 yrs old woman from Mumbai , based in Dubai . My husband is also from Mumbai . I am in deep dilemma as being a love marriage I find my husb…

Read More

I have filled the form on LawRato twice and both times I have got the same lawyer's details. Also, I would prefer that the services are done throu…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue