×

quesCourt gave 4 months later date of divorce. How get it done quickly?

My daughter was married before three years. For the last more then one year, she is living with us. No one from her in laws has come forward for any talks. Actually her in laws are not educated and they always misbehave which is not tolerable. We have offered them to file petition u/s 13B for divorce by mutual consent but still they are not coming forward. We have now filed petition for divorce and the date fixed by Court is after four months. Can we ask for quick hearing of relief?

• ansNo in any case the preponment of the court date is not possible in the normal circumstances and rest varies from judge to jumount presure dge and in case you feel it like to go for early solution you have to make some additional efforts to

Advocate Rajan Bhatia

District Court, Tis Hazari, Delhi

• ansfor early hearing you have to move an application to the same court in which date is given four month after divorce petition filled, under section 151 in which ground you can that state that misbehaving after filling the divorce petition.

Advocate Sandeep Singh

Lajpat Nagar- III, Delhi

• ansIf the divorce proceedings are already in place, you can file an application for early hearing to get a shorter date. In the said application, you will have to state the reasons why you want an early hearing. The application will be considered by the Family Court and decided on merits.

Advocate Mishika Singh