Contents about me on internet stopping my client to hire me for work

A couple of my divorce cases were decided in high court. Basically, they were minor cases like RCR and maintenance ( filed by the ex in another place) brought back to the city I am living. The content is available on the internet. I am looking out for jobs and the employers are hesitant to hire me because of these contents showing up. They suggest that I get it removed from google search. I wrote to both Google and Indiakanoon with no response. How do I proceed now? 

Answers (2)

90 votes

Dear Sir madam,

You may remove your name and other detail by going on concerned websites.

If thereafter you are unabling to remove your details then you may file complaint under cyber law.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

111 votes

If it is a news page showing up on google, it is the company only, whom you should request for removal. The same way, indiakanoon people may be requested only. Because, there seems no way you can force them legally.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles