contempt of court if father does not pay kid fee as directed by court

Is it contempt of court if a father does not accede to all the clauses that he signed in the first motion as regards the education of fhe child and expenses and refuses to pay. Moreover, if he reduces the agreed amount from five to three and a half lakhs,

Answers (2)

185 votes

in that before second motion you file an application for file an divorce by saying that we have agreed to file an mutual consent but after first motion he is not abiding and not giving my dues which was not doing.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

209 votes

If a person makes a statement in the court and thereafter does not comply with it or when a person is directed by the court to do something and the said directions are not followed by the person then the same amounts to contempt of court.
In matrimonial cases both the parties have to follow with the directions of the court and comply with the statements made by them in the court of law. There have been cases for instance wife is directed or has made a statement in court that she will allow the child to meet his father, but she refuses to do so and father stops the maintenance of the child which leads to filing of contempt or execution by the wife which does not succeed as in this situation both the parties have not complied with the orders or their statement and it is the wife who has not complied first.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles