Constant conflict created by mother in law between us. How to divorce?

I want to take divorce from my husband. Its been 3yrs we are married. My husband's mother is not good. She is creating unnecessary conflicts between me and my husband sice from past 2yrs. My husband always blames me for everything. So,i have decided to get divorce. I have an yr old son. I want my son to b with me. Can you please suggest me how can i file a divorce petition. And my childs custody. Thanks

Answers (3)

157 votes can file divorce petition against your husband on the ground of mental cruelty.if your child is under your custody you need not file any case for custody of your child but if child is with your husband then you can file case for custody under guardian and wards act.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

294 votes

If you are keeping custody of the child already then you are having advantage and your husband shall have to file case for custody for child which would be difficult for him. You can definitely file case seeking divorce from husband under sectio 13 of hindu marriage act. All you have to do is file case for divorce against husband and retain custody of child. Since the child is of tender age therefore the child shall b preferred by court to remain in your custody. Rest you can discuss when you meet. Thanks

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
268 votes

You can seek divorce in two way , one is mutually( if your husband is also ready to give divorce) and other one is contested in which you can seek divorce on the ground of cruelty and you have to prove it , with witnesses or complaints filed again your husband/mother-in-law before any concerned/competitive authority( if any).

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles