Clarification on incurable disease as a ground of divorce

got summon as per hindu marriage act section 13, to appear in court within 3 week or file vakalatnama. my wife want divorce..married in april 2015, no child, living seperately since 2 i was digonsed with incurable disease 6 months after my marriage..i just want to do all legal proceeding in march 2018 due to personal and family reasons..what can be done?? plz reply

Answers (1)

247 votes

Well you have received summons so your appearance is required. however, you need to contact a family lawyer who can guide you with strategy. It depends if you want to contest the case or want mutual solution. The case may be referred for mediation if both the parties agree for divorce and amicable solution.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles