Clarification on filing of divorce after 6 months of marriage

Is it possible to file a petition for divorce within 6months of Register marriage? And if so how much is the duration period given.

It is possible to file a petition for nullity of marriage within a year from the date of marriage. One need not wait for more than a year as in the case of petition for divorce. I would like you to go through void and voidable marriages. The grounds in those two are very clear. If any of those grounds match yours, you can the said petition. I do not know which religion you belong to, if Hindu - refer Hindu marriage act, if Christian - refer special marriage act, and if both spouses are of different religion - refer Indian divorce act.

You cannot file for divorce within 1 year of solemnisation of marriage, you will have to wait for one year.
Although you can file for annulment of marriage within one year on the ground of fraud, impotency, unsoundness of mind of the other party etc.