Claiming of property by the wife after divorce

In Divorce Law
My Dad Brought a (Flat) Property A in 2006 in a joint name of My Father and Me Entirely paid by my father. later in 2012 my father sold (Flat) Property A and he purchased (Flat) Property B which is in the name of Myself as 1st name and 2nd my Father Name which is also paid by my Father before Marriage but I’ve mortgage (Flat) Property B to get a loan against property of Rs 10 lakhs and now I’m only paying EMI for it.Me and My wife jointly bought a Flat C in 2014 and in 2017 due to dispute she stopped the EMI and therefore we have to sell the property in loss. But in 2016 I’ve Gifted my 50% share from (Flat) Property B to My Father by registering a Gift Deed making him 100 % owner. The question is if I file a divorce can she claim her share in (Flat) Property B in current law under what section, which is also a matrimonial house and my wife is torturing and harassing my parents. Secondly if win the case in court against the cruelty by her how much alimony, maintenance or child support.

Answers (1)

233 votes

For B Property have you shown any income proof of yours..? Does your wife working or she is housewife..? What is your monthly earning..? Do you have children..? How much ancestral property do you possess excluding Property B and C..? what is your age..? answers to all these questions will decide alimony, maintenance.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles