Case filed under 498A. What is the procedure after receiving 41A?

if a family is filed with the sections 498a, 406, 506, 323, 34, what is the procedure after receiving 41a?

Answers (3)

101 votes

If you are on accused list take anticipatory bail. Now there are supreme court guidelines for not arresting immediately, but after investigation and reasonable belief of your abscondence police may arrest

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

84 votes

you have to appear in the appropriate court to any asking for bail by filling bail application and if you are not granting bail from that court you can go to high court, in that case you have to go first bail after that there is proceeding going against you and your family.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
248 votes

after receiving the notice the parties are expected to appear before the police on date and time stipulated. in 498A cases permission has to be sought from DCP/ACP to arrest by the police. you should consult a lawyer, you would be required to protect yourself and your family by way of anticipatory bail.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles