Can wife work if she has filled a case of maintenance and DV

Can a separated woman, whose case of 13a or 13(1) already in court, if found working on papers or not on papers, or her husband says she works from howsoever, will her alimony be then be stopped? This implies if she doesn't get sufficient money DV maintainence for her three kids and herself, living with her, shd should not work to get some more earnings. Will her monthly maintenance be stopped, She never worked regular vn with husband. Husband says in court shd earns handsomely but has no documentaRy evidence. Then can she not do any work from home either because her alimony will be stopped, what if it is not sufficient. A case for revision is there but jdgmnt will come in yrs.

Answers (2)

257 votes

The question whether a working wife is eligible for alimony depends from case to case since there are different opinions of high courts on this issue. But in your case since the three children are living with her then you are liable to give her alimony for the upbringing of your children irrespective of the fact that she is earning. But if you still want to apply for reduction of alimony, you can prove you have your old parents( show their medical bills or reports) brother/ sister etc to maintain. You can also furnish your wife's ITR, Bank statements, if u want to prove her income...a good lawyer can help you in procuring these documents.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

277 votes

Genuinely in this cases , women side will be strong or if you proves that she is geeting very handsome salary then may be Court will fix very low alimony. But can't stop alimony.she can work anywere and she has a right in his husband salary.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles