Can wife file for DV if i don't approve to live with her

I have been attending counselling sessions in women cell for the last month. We are not living together for about 20 months and now she wants to come back but I do not want her to come back at this point of time. Counsellor is of the view that if I do not call her back then I have to face domestic violence case, which I never did. Please advise.

Answers (3)

194 votes

She would request to CAW cell to file FIR after mediation should decide for separation and file Divorce and earn mental peace with spent some time with litigation. No need to scared of Fir and don't take decision under pressure of CAW ... I will help you in court proceedings or out of court .... Regards.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

175 votes

Under the law she has right to file any case whether or not based on true facts. You have right to defend. It is not mandatory that she will have to file dv case if you don't take home. Even after coming back she can file dv case.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
210 votes

Yaa she can file the case anytime. She can state in her statement that these incidences happened before separation. Try to Settle the matter according to yourself if you want divorce then try convience her for mutual divorce.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles