Can we separate two months into our marriage

Hello, I m 32 year old female married to 34 year old male 2 months ago. We want to initiate divorcee with mutual consent. Reason, my husband has a female friend who is married and very close to my husband. I did not knew about her earlier. They want to talk almost daily coz they had done this since years. They did had few controversial secret msgs which my husband did not allowed me to read, I just happened to found out. We had a fight over it. He said, they are just friends, she had some history due to which they fought with each other and had those msgs. After which they separated for few months.. that was the time we both met. Afterwards they became friends again. Now they r friends since a year before our marriage, but my husband did not let me know.. I feel offended. How can someone just forget to introduce his friend to his wud be wife with whom he talks daily. I want my husband to leave her. But my husband do not want to leave her. It has been 2 months we r fighting.

Answers (2)

62 votes

Yes, there are some options available to go for divorce within a year of marriage. If you want to file divorce with mutual consent, your separation period should be not less than 1 year. But we have solutions for it to get divorce.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

264 votes

As a wife u have right to ask to ur husband to whom he is having friendship .....but if he is saying that they r just a friend than u have to be little casual untill and unless u have conceret proof that he has some extra marital affair and as regard as divorce concern u can't file divorce petition within two months of marriage u have to wait till one year period gets expire .

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Advantages and disadvantages of Mutual consent divorce…

Read More

My parents got married in 1990 and my father went to abroad in 2003. In 2005 with mutual consent they got divorced because my father had to marry some…

Read More

My wife & I have been married for 3 yrs wdout children. She is working in Abu Dhabi U.A.E. I was working in Dubai last year but had to resign &…

Read More

During the marriage I made it clear on so many things now the person has the problem with those points. My relationship is in bad shape now its mutual…

Read More