Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Can there be an exparte order in a mutual divorce case

My sister's husband is pressuring my sister for the mutual divorce. Since she is getting pressurised, i am scared that she may sign the mutual petition. But she Does not want to go for the divorce. Can she withdraw the petition once signed by her in the court? If she does not appear before the court during the proceedings for the divorce under the mutual consent, will there be an exparte in favour of her husband or will the case get dismissed?

Answers (1)

Mutual consent divorce must have the free consent of the both parties and if one of them not ready and willing to proceed for mutual divorce then anyone can withdrawal her consent and file an affidavit in the concern court

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 19999
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 999
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 25000
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

sir mai aur meri wife mutual divorce ke liye 1 november ko filling kiya tha 18 december ko hamara counceling bhi hua...fir six month ka time mila yani…

Read More

I am married for three years now. I love some other girl .she loves me too..she is engaged too . We are planning to run from the city. Is it legally a…

Read More

The divorce application has been filled on 28th October 2018. one time police varification is done and till now no updates. The lawyer is saying this …

Read More

Hi, We had applied for mutual consent once and didn't appear in the court after 6 months. My husband had a fight with that lawyer. It was 3 years…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue