Can permanent alimony and maintenance be claimed at the same time

In Divorce Law
If a marriage is dissolved and family court ordered the petitioner to pay permanent alimony. can she gets the monthly maintenance from DV case in another court when the petitioner has paid the permanent alimony. will he to pay both permanent alimony and monthly maintenance in DV case at the same time?

Answers (3)

157 votes


Once Hon'ble court passed order for Permanent anlimony then why other part clame monthly maintenance.

On such claim not maintainable in the eye of law.

Manoj kumar Ojha

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

294 votes

No if permanent alimony paid as per direction of family court then she is not entitle to get maintenance under the provisions of d . V . Act only she is entitle to get the compensation if as the court directed

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
182 votes

Dear client,
If permanent alimony finalized by the family court then no question of monthly maintenance to the same party in DV case.So you should be inform before the judicial magistrate about the permanent alimony finalized by the family court, so you submit the petition before the judicial magistrate where DV case is pending with certified copy of order passed by the family court.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles