Can maintenance be filed after about ex parte divorce?

Hindu general. my husband have got second marriage after getting exparte divorce with out knowing me .but the girl whom he married she also have cheated her husbanda and married him and gave birth baby. but i have already field a case before his second marriage is this leagall. if it is( how is it) .with out my sing and I have also a baby 4years can file mainstance case against him( how and where )can i file in my home town banglore

Answers (2)

306 votes

Yea madam, you can file maintenance case against your husband. The husband is bounden duty to mainten his wife and children if he has sufficient means and profots. Even though he married after getting exparty decree of divorce, you can get the maintenance from your husband. You can also file bigamy case against your husband.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

51 votes

First of all if you have not received the summons from the court and that you were not aware of the case proceedings, then get the exparte decree set aside.
And thereafter conduct the proceedings

With regard to the maintenance, you and your son both are entitled for maintenance/alimony ... and yes you can file the petition in Banglaore before competent court .

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles