can i get protection from my husband

my husband tortures me. i want to know can i get protection from him?

Answers (3)

83 votes

Yes you can get protection orders from court against your husband. There are enough remedies available under law to protect your rights and provide you maintenance also.
Pls get in touch with me for further details.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

68 votes

Sure you can definitely get protection as per your query. You may approach police near your house and put detail complaint and may seek courts interventions by filing domestic violence complaint as per law.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
227 votes

You can file application under the DV Act. By this application you can aquire protection orders from the court. If the torture is of severe nature then you should approach to the nearest police station.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles