Can i get document signed if marriage doesn't work she'll divorce?

Hi sir, I have filled divorce petition since 2 years. My wife does not agree for divorce. She wants to continue the marriage. I can't live with her, as she keeps quarreling wth me. She asked me to live with her for 2 or 3 months if everything goes well, will continue the marriage, if not she will divorce me. Now I don't trust her, if she does not keep her promise. Should I demand her to sign any guarantee or something that if she does not keep her promise. I can get the divorce.

Answers (3)

190 votes

Dear Sir,
You should not have stayed with her after filing the divorce petition. Now she can prove in court that divorce should be denied on the ground that after filing it the differences between you have been settled.
You must contact your advocate and discuss the matter in detail. You may also book for further consultation with the undersigned.

Best Regards,
Mauleen Marfatia,

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

94 votes

As per your question you all ready filed a divorce petition then why you want to live with her, if you want to give her chance to settle your marriage than you can do it and don't withdraw you petition.
Firstly under which section you filed a divorce petition against your wife ?
Because as per your statement you might be filled divorce petition section 13(1)I which mention cruelty.
When you don't trust on her than why you want to live together, whatever agreement you tell her to sign is no value in n court of law. So don't do that and be ready for maintaince if she didn't file.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
126 votes

There is no point in agreeing for living together once you have made up your mind that you do not want to live together. In case if you start staying together, technically you will have to wait for minimum 1 year for filing divorce petition depending upon the ground on which you approach the court for getting a decree of divorce.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles