Can i get divorce is wife is aggressive and hostile

In Divorce Law
It's both me and my wife's second marriage. My first marriage lasted only for 4 days and my wives 3 years. In this relationship I am facing some sexual issues maybe psychological due to the problems in my first marriage. Now my current wife is causing problems and acting aggressively. She is arguing for simple reasons with me and my family. I am recording all her talks which denote that she is having a very hostile approach. I am also thinking of keeping a CCTV at my place which shows how she is behaving with me and my parents. We went for a counselling together and I was able to convince my counsellor that her hostile approach is causing me mental agony. Due to this I am falling into depression and taking medicine. My counsellor may suggest that this marriage is incompatible as it is causing so much problem to me and my health. If he gives this in writing will it be a valid document for divorce? Can I put a divorce case claiming that her mental torture is detrimental to me.

Answers (2)

111 votes

Mental cruelty is one of the grounds to get divorce. The concept of mental cruelty has been dealt in various judgements and if the acts of your wife meets definition of legally defined mental cruelty you could get divorce. For that you have to prove your case by giving evidence. If you want to put testimony of any person as an evidence you have to put him as witness he would be cross examined by the other side.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

249 votes

You have rights and you can file divorce on cruelty ground. Counsellor doesn't have rights to give letter against your wife.
If you feel that you are getting problems from your wife which is damaging your health and wealth then you can file divorce. Keep safe all voice records and video records.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles