Can I get a divorce from my wife without visiting her

I had known her in facebook and love continued by phone. I met her later. I married her(registry only) on 8/6/17 traveling to her father's house(800km from my house). She was 19 and I was 25 .She stays there since then. She had moderate BPD(mental disease) before and it has grown now. She reacts with me very violently and she is indiffrent towards our relationship now. She also has suicidal tendency and vilolence towards everyone. So keeping in mind everything I decided to break our namely court marriage now ; thus take separation. What is the necessary legal steps to follow now ? I am not willing to visit her place for court procedure.

Answers (3)

181 votes

You may opt for filling divorce petition u/s 27 special marriage have to choose one out of three places to file the matrimonial place is where the marriage was solemnised second where did you last reside together.third where the wife is residing.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

136 votes

You can cancel the marriage .So dont go for divorce. It is an easy process. In void marriage,you will get your single tag ,not divorcee.

Best of luck
Let me know if you wish to know any thing more.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
328 votes

It is not necessary to visit her place for dissolution of marriage.there is two way of divorce.contested and mutual.if wife is not agree to dissolve the marriage but there is ground of cruelty,desertion or any other ground ,you may file contested divorce.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles