Can I file restitution of conjugal rights if wife is denying to stay

Hello, my wife wants to stay away from me because she wants to lead an independent life. I tried a lot however she is not coming and is threatening that If I use Restitution of Conjugal Rights to bring her back, she will file the case for sexual harassment, unnatural sex & will ask for divorce on these grounds but will never come back. We have a small daughter & I want her to come back . I have been sending whatsapp msgs expressing my love, affection, expressing the need of our daughter but she is saying to file mutual divorce & ready to give child custody to me but I want her to come

Answers (2)

83 votes

Yes you can file restitution of conjugal rights petition in the circumstances.It is however, of not much help as you u do not have any protection by filing the petition even after filing your petition she can file dowry, harrasment case against you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

291 votes

If u file sec9 petition for restitution of conjugal rights she may file you said she already told to do...its better u wait n watch n let her calm down...further even if she files divorce for unnatural sex n all it will b difficult to prove..the relation of husband n wife is built on trust n love..even if u get decree in your favour n if she not willing to stay n perform marital obligation court cannot force n monitor.. It will b a futile n unexecutable decree better to wait n watch....

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles