Can I do anything if wife has filed a divorce case in a different city

Dear Sir My wife filed divorce. She has also filed domestic violence and 498A cases against me and my parents. the case has been going on for last 5 years. now she has filed divorce. she has filed all cases in hoshiarpur. i live in chandigarh. our marriage happened in chandigarh. what shall i do ? all her dowry cases are totally false she asking 6 lakh. i cant afford nor i have done anthing wrong. please help

Answers (5)

243 votes

You can file quashing petitions in 498a and dv act for your parents if they haven't done anything wrong in High court. Already 5 long years have been passed and cases are still pending then you can also take directions from high court to expedite the trial.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

214 votes

First you should file quashing of FIR in dowry 498A in the high court And parellely you should file transfer application of divorce petition to chandigarh. If marriage happened in chd, matrimonial home was chd. Then petition in hoshiarpur will not be maintainable.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
323 votes

If ur wife alredy go for divorce then u can also file another divorce petition in Chandigarh on different grounds but u can also file transfer application for those cases which were filed by ur wife nd with these u can also file domestic violence case against ur wife

321 votes

You should appear in divorce case and take plea that you are ready to keep her.

Where ever you are going o record your statement say that you are ready to keep her but she is not ready to leave with you.

96 votes

dear client
she can file the cases in three places one where she lived with parents second where cause of action arise or third where marriage held. if she now file divorce can you explain me on which ground. if their any baby or not.
please update me or contract me for further dicussion

pradeep sakhian advocate

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles