Can Facebook screenshots be considered as evidence

I have filed domestic violence against my husband. He said i have extra maratial affair and he produced some facebook screenshots...which r question is is those screenshots is used as aevidence?in the court.coz some lawyers adviced me that social media evidences can not be taken into condideration by law...pls help..i have strong evidences for his act but he only show these screenshots of my name..which r fake..pls help..thank you

Answers (3)

113 votes

Social Media evidences can be taken into consideration, subject to the fulfilment of the guidelines issued under Section 65B of the Evidence Act. Your husband will have to satisfy the Court regarding the genuineness of his claim.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

308 votes

Yes it can be used as evidence. Your lawyer will require to break those evidences during cross examination and also during arguments to bring to the notice of the presiding judge over the authenticity of the produced evidence which is fake as per your mentioned statements above.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
252 votes

If they are fake you first challenge the veracity of it. He will have to provide certification to authenticate electronic evidence.Few screenshots anyway alone cannot prove extra marital affair ,secondly even if true does not give him a right to be violent towards you.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles