Can Facebook screenshots be considered as evidence

I have filed domestic violence against my husband. He said i have extra maratial affair and he produced some facebook screenshots...which r fake...my question is is those screenshots is used as aevidence?in the court.coz some lawyers adviced me that social media evidences can not be taken into condideration by law...pls help..i have strong evidences for his act but he only show these screenshots of my name..which r fake..pls help..thank you

Social Media evidences can be taken into consideration, subject to the fulfilment of the guidelines issued under Section 65B of the Evidence Act. Your husband will have to satisfy the Court regarding the genuineness of his claim.

Yes it can be used as evidence. Your lawyer will require to break those evidences during cross examination and also during arguments to bring to the notice of the presiding judge over the authenticity of the produced evidence which is fake as per your mentioned statements above.

Mam,
If they are fake you first challenge the veracity of it. He will have to provide certification to authenticate electronic evidence.Few screenshots anyway alone cannot prove extra marital affair ,secondly even if true does not give him a right to be violent towards you.