Can domestic violence be the reason for divorce

Need divorce reason domestic voilece from 8 years Religion- jangam lingayat

If this is filed only for the sake of harassment then it is one of the grounds for divorce, you can file divorce under mental cruelty, since the case is not proper or any document is not shown properly and you can file divorce.

Absolutely, if you are undergoing problems due to domestic violence, it's rather easy to convince the courts to grant divorce, accordingly you can choose to file a criminal complaint to get them punished as well.