Can divorce be filed in India for marriage done in Nepal

I am an Indian Citizen and I am married to a Nepalese Citizen (Girl) in Nepal for one year.I am working for Government of India and has intimated my office regarding the same.She is not willing to stay with me and her family is not allowing her to stay with me. I want to file a case of restitution of conjugal rights followed by divorce on the ground of desertion.Both are Hindus and marriage is not registered in India or Nepal.Where do I have to file the case of divorce-in India or in Nepal?

Answers (1)

82 votes

in that place where solmenized marriage on that place u may take divorce.legally place of girl is ur jurisdiction place where should be either file restitution of conjugal right or may be file divorce peptition.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles