Can a boy apply for divorce on grounds of cruelty

Can a boy file for divorce on grounds of cruelty if the girl staying in same house but does not have any residential proof of the boys house

Answers (4)

105 votes

Certainly, as per the provisions of Hindu Marriage Act, 1955, any spouse, meaning a girl or a boy, can file for divorce on the grounds of cruelty. It is another fact that she may not have any residential proof of her matrimonial house.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

235 votes

Things can be worked out in the favour of the boy ??but before answering on this aspect the circumstances need to be clear .i.e why we call it a cruelty??Therefore filing divorce on basis Of cruelty has no restrictions defined anywhere in law that wife should not be staying in same house.Therefore the situation can be discussed more in detail .Thanks

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
263 votes


you can apply for div......if marriage is valid .............. .. you can go for div................. if you do not have any marriage proof that than marriage proof is sufficient.. .......

251 votes


From your query it is not possible to know the complete facts of the case and in this situation it is difficult to clarify and advise you correctly. You are suggested to provide the complete facts.
Thanks and regards

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles