Brother's wife threatening for false dowry case to me and my family

Brothers wife have psychological problems & on small matters loose her temper. Starts abusing my whole family.Also frequently threatens all of us to file fake dowery & domestic violence case. My sister is govt officer & myself employee in pvt company. So I seek advice that in this case if she files fake complaint do we get arrested & my sister and me will loose our jobs? How to rescue my brother from her?

Answers (3)

Dear client.I understand your feelings.your sister is in Govt .service.when any person appointed in govt.service his/ her previous record checked by the police hense by the complaint from her brother's wife will not make any effect on her service similarly to you.till as you are a good earner if by your bad luck the case handling officer may favour her,hense I think that take proper guidance from good and faithful advocate.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

In this case if your brother wishes to continue his marriage with his wife then you should ask him to stay separately as this will minimise your chances of being dragged into this or your brother can file for divorce after gathering evidence against her like recording her while she is threatening everyone. Meanwhile please file an NC against your sister in law that she threatens to file a false complaint.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

First of all it is important to see that whether your brother is interested to continue the relation with his wife or your brother wants to divorce her.
If we want the safety and security of our family then we have to file a domestic violence petition on behalf of your sister or your mother against your brother's wife

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I got married last March 2017, and soon after I shifted to my in-laws house..they started asking dowry but later denied it. And we decided to take ove…

Read More

Second marriage 3 months back. She is mental y disturbed and can harm to my 7 year old son. I am also frustrated and want to separate within one or tw…

Read More

I am a 24 yrs old Hindu boy.i got engaged in 2015.but is was against my decision .now it is ok.but now girls now girls family is forcing me for marria…

Read More

I got married in 2012(*Hindu marriage). I hv 18months old daughter. My husband beats me very brutally n also tried to kill me. I hv filed 3cases as me…

Read More