After unregistered temple marriage can spouse remarry what consequence

My friend married one girl in a temple without their parents in 2013 the girl is saying that she will marry someone else..and the marriage was not registered.. My friend told her to get marry. So are u Sure their will be no problem in future without getting divorce So suggest me something which is safe and legal.. Girl is now trying to leave him without divorce.. And my friend is little worried. Do tell me what will be the consequences

Answers (3)

102 votes

Hi sir,. If u don't have any proof of marriage where your friend got married in temple and if he himself wishes to leave that girl to get marry no problem and further if he wishes to live with particular girl he can lodge a complaint and if not without divorce itself she can if there is no problem arises

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

311 votes

If the temple is under revenue department control temple will maintain receipt book for performing different types of poojas and functions it will be entered in register and obtain fee from the person performing any function in this book . As per hindu law the marriage is binding and she has to obtain divorce/if man and women lives in a place as husband and wife in one locality they will be recognized by the society as husband and wife. It is better to take divorce.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
300 votes

Hi.. if your friend have any proof pertains to theire marriage then he is no need to worry coz without geting divorce from the husband she cannot mary again during lifetime of her husband and if she don so your .
friend can file a case againat her.
Thank you

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles