Advice in case in laws forcefully asking to give divorce.

I am a hindu working girl married since 2015. In 2016 I left my in laws home because of the conflict between me and them(mother in law). My husband did not live with me from starting because of his job. Now my in laws want divorce but I dont want to divorce my husband. What should I do....? I have no desire for divorce as well as second marriage.

Answers (2)

136 votes

They can't force you to accept divorce suit .You can fight it and defend your case .Moreover go for section 125 crpc for maintenance , 498A ipc and Domestic violence petitions .If your husband possess a house , then seek a portion of it through Domestic violence Act.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

167 votes

You can try to settle the matter through mediation. If that doesn’t work out, Challenge the suit for divorce in case by saying that your husband has no legal ground to claim divorce. If he has not been living with you, you may additionally file a case for restitution of conjugal rights.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles