Abusive husband and not allowing to work what can be done?

 Sir I m a Hindu girl married with a Muslim guy but he was not ready to marry in Hindu tradition so we did marriage in Muslim way we have marriage certificate or marriage agreement but he haven't registered our marriage in court and we used to live in Delhi from 3 years not with his family and there was no pressure on me to practice Muslim religion but now his family are forcing me to become Muslim and they are greedy people's my mother in law always used to taunt me for dowry even my husband want me to do job and fulfill all the expenses here so that he can give all his salary to his parents but after my accident I m not able todo job my sister in law's always use abusive language for me because our marriage is love marriage without his family's permission. I am a modern girl he told me that my job is in Delhi our future growth everything is in Delhi so don't worry I know u

Answers (3)

213 votes

You should file case under domestic voilence Act for all ur tortures etc. Get prevdntion orders and also claim compensation. You czn also get separate accomodation on rent payable by your husband through court. If iterested claim maintenance also. I am in delhi high court .you may consult throgh this site for legal help if so desire.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

273 votes

you can file complaint under domestic violence act against your husband and other in laws and can seek maintenance as well as injunctions (stay) against them..
it us very easy to get relief in your case

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
296 votes

Your marriage is not valid as per customery laws . You should firstly registered your marriages as per marriage registration act which clearly says that the marriage registration is mandatory as per laws. And usages of abusive languages is an offence as domestic violence act. You have right to protect yourself or with the help of legal experts. No one can't compel you to do any jobs or works in your ill health condition .

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles