How can file a case for a fake facebook profile made in my name?

In Cyber Crime Law

A fake facebook I.D with my pictures is being used by someone. This person has made a facebook I.D in my name and has also added various pictures to this profile to which people are writing extremely abusive comments on.

I lodged a complaint in Prashant Nagar Police Station that was transferred to Daryaganj Police Station via the Karol Bagh Police Station. On directly reaching out to the cyber cell for help I was told that the complaint was not processed yet and they couldn’t help until they had received the same in writing.

What can I now do?

Answers (1)

490 votes

You can register a written complaint in your nearest Police Station as well as the Cyber Crime Cell of Delhi which is situated at Cyber Crime Investigation Cell Central Bureau of Investigation, 5th Floor, Block No.3, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 3 Contact Details: +91-11-4362203 +91-11-4392424 Web site: E-Mail: [email protected]

It is essential that you give your complaint in writing and you will be given a Diary No. once your complaint is registered. When you lodge your written complaint do attach all the necessary documents as proof the cyber crime. . Post that the Cell shall be under an obligation to investigate your case and in case the same doesn't happen, you can approach us and we shall assist you with the same.

Prima facie you can file a case of impersonation, mischief & Criminal Defamation in addition to offences under the IT Act that have been committed by the offender.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Cyber Crime Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
37 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cyber Crime Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles