quesGirl having a fake profile on a social networking site.

There is a girl using a fake profile on Facebook. Using the fake profile she has attracted me by posting photos of love garden and then a photo with "J" on her profile and I send her a lot of messages. She was not replying and only collecting my messages. She fooled me by using "J" profile so I got convinced we had something in common. Now using the messages on her fake profile she has made complaint against me in the police. Under Section 415 & 416 it is a crime to use a fake name and collect information. All communication I have done to the fake profile of hers. What should I do. I have collected several proofs. I had a doubt that she is a girl named Monika Nagraj Zalse which I knew & have her biodata which mentions her name as Monika Zalse and the name used on facebook is Monika Patil. There are numerous proofs that she is Monika Zalse. I have not gone to the police station but sent information about her by post to them. What should I do. I can give all proofs.

  • ansThe girl apparently laid down a trap and you walked right into it. It seems to be a part of the larger and sinister design of the girl to extract money from you. What is the nature of messages you sent to her? Since the complaint has been filed against you it is imperative that you defend yourself by taking the defense that the girl had misrepresented her identity. The onus is on your shoulders to prove that the real identity of the girl is not what she claims. Police may send you summons for interrogation. 4. Since the complaint has been filed you will have to first seek bail when you appear in the court.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Cyber Crime Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Cyber Crime lawyers in India

Similar questions

My wife was given a fake visa..US H1b visa But she is not ready to…

some people posted fake defamatory comments from my facebook account against the company. Now company…

My wife has already done 498a Dv and Maintaince in Fc, now she is crating…

i am getting dirty and obscene post on my social media account. it seems its…

Cyber Crime Lawyers in India

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Ayantika Mondal

 Experience: 8 years

Advocate Dhruv Banerji

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 4 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly