Friend hacked my profile and blackmailing me. What action can I take?

My friend, who hacked my email ID, is blackmailing me with some pictures I had sent to my boyfriend. He is asking me to develop a physical relationship with him. Is there a way out of it?

Can I at the same time ensure he does not leak out my pictures?

First of all hacking email is a crime and is punishable under Section 66 of Information Technology Act 2000. The person is punished with imprisonment up to three years, or a fine which may extend to five lakhs rupees or both.

Further, your friend cannot force you to establish physical relationship with him. This amounts to sexual harassment and it is punishable with imprisonment and fine both. By virtue of Criminal Law Amendment provides amendment in Indian Penal Code on law related to Sexual offence.

We suggest you to make a written complaint under Section 66 of Information Technology Act and Section 354 A and get the FIR registered.

Popular Cyber Crime Lawyers