Friend hacked my profile and blackmailing me. What action can I take?

My friend, who hacked my email ID, is blackmailing me with some pictures I had sent to my boyfriend. He is asking me to develop a physical relationship with him. Is there a way out of it?

Can I at the same time ensure he does not leak out my pictures?

Answers (1)

217 votes

First of all hacking email is a crime and is punishable under Section 66 of Information Technology Act 2000. The person is punished with imprisonment up to three years, or a fine which may extend to five lakhs rupees or both.

Further, your friend cannot force you to establish physical relationship with him. This amounts to sexual harassment and it is punishable with imprisonment and fine both. By virtue of Criminal Law Amendment provides amendment in Indian Penal Code on law related to Sexual offence.

We suggest you to make a written complaint under Section 66 of Information Technology Act and Section 354 A and get the FIR registered.

Kindly contact us for any further details and action.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Cyber Crime Lawyers

Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cyber Crime Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles