Complaint against friend for blackmailing to marry.

I have been blackmailed by ex boyfriend, he is trying to send our chats and pics to my parents, which will spoil my reputation in my family, he tries to contact me through different numbers, if I deny to reply he blackmails me if I don't reply he will go to my parents home n tell about our relationship

Answers (2)

60 votes

you can lodge a complaint before cyber crime police station and convince the police to file a f.i.r for threating and blafk miling can also fil A private complaint for his allacts.
Thank u

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

239 votes

Please follow the steps.

1. 'In case' if your chats and pics are disclosed to your parents, deny all the chats and pics. And, tell your parents that your ex boyfriend morphed / edited the photos and chat messages as if you involved.

2. Now coming to the blackmail part, You need to take action to 'permanently delete' the chats and pics which is there with your ex-boyfriend. Else, the evidences could create serious troubles in your future. May even damage your married life.

3. The digital evidences easily could be copied into storage devices and can be shared via social media like., facebook, whatsapp, internet ... etc.,

4. Engage him into talk with you ( & with your known close friends ) and understand his requirements ( And you can threaten him that you would make police complaint ) . So that, he would specify and handover all the evidences to you back.

5. Even after step. 4 does not work, you do not have chance but to approach cyber crime police station ( Infantry road ) to complaint against him.

If you need my help in this regard, you are always welcome to talk to me.

Popular Cyber Crime Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cyber Crime Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

last yr in June dat a mob. no. of a female relative is leaked on facebook from fake account..Few hrs Before leaking d number..X person msged her on he…

Read More

An FIR has been raised against me By a Digital wallet based company and a notice is issued to me. In that notice they have mentioned that I have trans…

Read More

Hi, I have register the complint in Cyber crime police station related to us visa fraud for that they have find out the bank balance of cheater and no…

Read More

Respected Sir, With due respect, I am,, writing this letter to you to lodge a complaint after being cheated and allegedly taken money from me by a per…

Read More